The entrance to the Explorer buildings on the Dickinson campus.
* Approximately 70 students in three combined classrooms:
1/2 grade, 2/3 grade and 4/5 grade. Half of our 2nd graders are in the 1/2 class and the other half are in the 2/3 class.
* These classrooms have the same student-teacher ratio as other classes in the Lake Washington School District.
* School starts every day at 9:05 a.m.
* School dismisses at 3:35 p.m. M, T, Th, and F. On Wednesdays, dismissal is at 2:05 p.m. Half-day dismissal (i.e. for conferences) is at 12:05 a.m.
* Explorer Community School parents are responsible for transportation to and from school. Carpooling is encouraged. Those that live in the Dickinson Elementary boundaries may ride the school bus. Please contact the Transportation Department (425-936-1120) for the details.
* Parent participation is a critical component of our community. This includes an average of two weekly hours derived from direct classroom support, committee work, field trip transportation/chaperoning and attending monthly parent association meetings.
If you are unable to volunteer during the school day, other volunteer opportunities are available to you.